Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Facing the Unimaginable

Two days ago some highschool friends of mine lost their 17 month old son in his sleep. I just can't imagine what that would be like to go check on my son and find him lifeless. This is the worst nightmare a mother could ever face.  They have constantly been in my thoughts and prayers these past few days.

Less than 3 months ago, some good friends of ours also unexpectedly lost their 18 month old daughter. It was found that she had an extremely rare disorder that nobody knew about.They are still in our prayers every day.

This just makes you cherish what you have in life, and makes you realize that your problems really aren't that bad. I have definitely been giving more hugs, kisses, and love to those close to me, and constantly checking on my son throughout the night and naps.

This world is such a cruel and horrible place, but I thank God we have that wonderful hope- that hope that someday very soon these parents that had to face the unimaginable, will be able to embrace their babies and NEVER have to let them go :-)

Jordan- RIP 8/13/11


Ryann- RIP 5/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment