Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

10 years ago today at around 6am (my time,) my roommate woke me up saying "planes just crashed into the twin towers", I didn't comprehend what was said and sadly, went back to sleep.

A few hours later, on the way to work it became a reality as I heard it on the radio. And when I arrived at work I was in shock and devastated as I watched the detriment on tv!

One and a half years later, on March 27, 2003, I joined the Army and left for basic training. I was in basic when the war "officially" began. 

I still have a hard time comprehanding why human beings could do something so horrible to thousands of other human beings. What does "war" really accomplish? What a terrible world we live in, and every new day I live in this place I pray for that wonderful day to come where there will be NO MORE death and NO MORE sorrow :-) What a glorious day that will be!

God Bless America and those who lost their lives, and the families of those who lost their lives, on that terrible, terrible day! Also those who served and those who continue to serve this wonderful country :-) We will ALWAYS remember! 9/11/01-9/11/11

raising 'ol glory- 9/11





World Trade Center memorial falls




http://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/live-camera.html (live cam of the WTC today)



Me in ACU's- 2006

Me and hubby, (fiance at this time)-2007

No comments:

Post a Comment